My route:

Click Here
Once loaded, click "Fit Route"

KITING!!

June 8-14
It has been an incredible week in Blougberg (Table View). My original itinerary had me headed to Durban on Wednesday, but the wind predictions were better for Blouberg than Durban... and I was getting pretty comfortable waking up with the sea only a block away, so I stuck around until today (Saturday).
Really starting to feel like I'm on vacation- more delicious meals out (more sushi, tried some Indian), a few days of good wind for kiting, and another chance to get out on a surf board.
Phil and Andries have been great kiting instructors and I owe a big thanks to them for what I've learned! Kudos to Phil for some pretty decent action shots... thanks!
I can't see these pictures when once they're uploaded, so I don't know which ones are showing... but I was using a green kite.
























I'm on the left





























Can't see the kite in this one... but you get the idea





I managed to get up Table Mountain on a clear, windless day. I got some great pics, but I'll upload those next time I'm online. It was a fantastic climb that gave spectacular views of the city, not to mention a quality workout.


My last day in Cape Town started with a tasty brunch with Phil and Andries, watching surfers with Table Mountain in the background. We meandered down the beach looking for washed up shark teeth. I didn't know what I was looking for, so didn't have any luck. We crossed paths with a shark-tooth finding pro who had a whole handful.

I can't say I'm looking forward to the desk life waiting for me in the fall. Another season or two working on my kiting, and then jump ship from office work and travel the world teaching kitesurfing. Phil and Andries have been rather convincing of the lifestyle...

I had a good flight from Cape Town to Johannesburg, despite my fears of the city. I'm staying at "The Ritz Backpackers of Johannesburg." It's definitely not the ritz, but its safe and clean and I've met more fun people.

Heading on a 3-day Kruger safari tomorrow. Starting my malaria pills and camping phase of the trip.... lions, tigers, elephants oh my!